Thursday, July 5, 2007

Day 2

Well, day two of construction. Because of the holiday, we are really on Day 3 of living in a construction zone. Here are the latest pictures:

The few things that happen during construction can be quite entertaining. I will try to mention some everytime I post. Here is today's list:

1) The contractors asked Tom to get in touch with the roofer to get a time frame on their arrival. They did not want to remove any gutters until they knew the roof was coming soon. Tom called and left a message but never heard back from them. The contractors removed the gutters anyway and guess what? (I'm sure you know!) It rained this evening.

2) The hornets nest we thought were probably dead, were not. Found out the hard way when one of the builders got stung (OUCH!!)

3) In trying to minimize costs, the dumpster we ordered is not coming until Monday. Not sure if you can tell by the pictures but we have piles of scrap all over the yard. One they put down right where the dog does her duties. She just stands there and looks at it and me as if I am going to move it. I told her to just go on top, no one would know!

More tomorrow.......

No comments: