Friday, July 20, 2007

Around the next corner...

The two windows in our bedroom were done today and they met up with the lower windows and the first side. You can't see due to the tree in the picture but that only leaves one double window on this side. We are slowly but surely getting toward our goal. This has been a much slower process than I anticipated. I hope that once we get through the windows and doors (which may not arrive until the first week in August!), the siding will go on quickly. My next project will be staining the interior wood of the windows. Carl (the contractor) and Nancy (his wife) came by tonight to give me some pointers on how to do that. It will be a big job but I think I will enjoy doing it. Tom has taken most of the responsibility of this so far and I want to be part so this will be my part. I will start in the bedrooms since right now we have no window coverings and don't want to put the blinds back on until the wood is stained. We also have some cleanup to do around the yard this weekend, plus the kids want the see the new "Harry Potter" movie, shopping to do, laundry, etc...just a normal weekend. Hope you have a great one!!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Sara, I never noticed the peak at the top of your house. Do you have an attic? The picture is not clear, but do you have a window up in that peak?
I know that you think the process is slow, but watching from my vantage point I think it is going surprisingly fast.