Monday, July 16, 2007

Rain Delay.... or so I thought

Left for work this morning in a light rain, hoping that it would let up a little before the guys showed up to work. Tom called about 8 AM to let me know they came and had already left because rain was in the forecast all day. I was bummed most of the day thinking we had lost another day of work. As the weather improved during the day, it got more depressing to think how much could be getting done but was not. Fortunately, I arrived home to find they also wanted to keep the project moving and came to work sometime during the day. They got 3 windows pulled out and two in but in need of trim. I was glad just to see some progress that I had not expected. Woo hoo!! You can see in the picture the 2 new windows and you can't see the one in back which is currently just covered with Tyvek. Seeing that there is no rain in the forecast for tomorrow, they should be finishing the lower level on this side and moving to the upper level tomorrow. I don't believe the doors are here yet so that will have to wait for a later time. One GREAT thing that has come out of this is.......BEN FINALLY CLEANED HIS ROOM!! In order to move his bed away from the windows later this week, a clean out was required. I just hope that all the junk does not move back in again when they are done. I'll update on progress again tomorrow. Til' then...

No comments: