Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Say a fond farewell.....






Well, the progress has finally started. The 100 year-old house that we have lived in for the past 20 years is getting a facelift. The siding will be coming down, all the windows and doors will be replaced and a new steel roof will be put on. These are pictures taken about 2 weeks ago before any work had been done. Today, they came bright and early and started pulling off the siding. This is how it looked tonight as I came home from work. I plan on taking pictures and posting on this blog as time permits. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh my, what a huge project. What is replacing the siding? What color?

Thanks for posting the pictures and keeing us informed. It will be fun to watch the progress.

Sara said...

We are putting on vinyl siding in a very light yellow, more like butter color. The roof and doors will be green and windows white. Hopefully it will all come together as it does it my mind!

Phil R said...

Wow, I'm sure your enjoying all that noise. Looking forward to additional posts.

Anonymous said...

This will be fun to watch. Iur house could use the same...but we'll see how it goes for you.