Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Seeing the light..

Two more windows went in today, one replacing the orange hole in our house (see prior post). The other is our new kitchen window and I must say I LOVE IT!! It is longer than the other window was so has a better view of the driveway and lets in more light. As pretty as the old window was, all the wood on it blocked a lot of light. I know I am going to enjoy this one. (Mel, we were only able to salvage the doors from the old window, they are yours if you want them). We are still awaiting the arrival of all 3 new doors. I guess there was a work slow down at the factory due to low orders so things are taking longer than usual. I guess that is what we get for ordering a custom color. This is how we have been living lately with no screen door. Never realized how much I appreciated it until it was gone.
Oh yeah, it rained again today...


2 comments:

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

Hi Sara, I'm a friend of Bonnie, she lead me to your blog, wow! Are you living in the house while this is going on? We are in the middle of remodeling our entire house too and are still living in it even though everyone wonders why! It's not so bad. Enjoying your progress. You'll have to go over to my blog and see mine, I need to update about the windows because they are now done!

Sara said...

Hi Maureen, yes, we are living here since at this time we are only doing exterior work. Course the windows do involve the inside a little. We have a room similar to your sewing room, YIKES!!. Our next project will be the kitchen, if we live through this one!