Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hidden Surprises

The last of the siding was removed today and the house is finally bare or you could say achieved a wonderful tan. A few spots that need to be repaired but overall the wall boards are in great condition as our builder was happy to see and commented on also. Of course, any time you are doing repairs on a house the age of ours, you find unexpected things. Today they uncovered the kitchen window area to find that at one time there were 2 large windows similar to what we have in the living room and dining room. You can see the newer wood in the second picture. I joked with Tom that I wanted to make the change and have those windows back but he reminded me that we would loose our sink and 1/2 a cupboard. Given the small amount of storage I already have in the kitchen, I am not about to give any up. Would definitely bring more light into the kitchen if we could though.
We were told today that the windows will arrive sometime on Thursday and given that this is Car Show weekend around here, I am not too sure that any will be put in this week. I guess we will see how inspired they are to get started with them.
Just one more picture to share. Tom was able to get this shot of the builders this morning way high up on the scaffolding. This is the very reason I would NEVER want to to this!!
I'll blog again soon....

No comments: